[BC] AM Stereo

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Tue Nov 30 19:02:35 CST 2010

At 04:40 PM 11/30/2010, Rich Wood wrote:
>They finally showed up. Both were Delco engineers. I recall they had
>"oops-I-think-we-made-a-mistake" looks on their faces. When they
>regained their composure they said that adding five cents to a
>radio's design would hurt profits. That's what they said it would
>cost to add the Kahn system.

        When I was in LA in the early 1970s, a
        good friend was Service Manager for
        Sony Superscope/Marantz. He was
        asked to design a car stereo radio
        (which retailed at dealer for $350+),
        but the whole cost had to be under
        $7.23

        Hard to forget stuff like that.

- - -

        Enter your name into the $100 Cash Prize giveaway.
        Details at: http://www.theBDR.net/