[BC] AM Stereo

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Tue Nov 30 17:40:04 CST 2010

I remember this very, very well. Two guys walked in and one actually
paid attention. Leonard had been trying to get them to listen for quite a while

They finally showed up. Both were Delco engineers. I recall they had
"oops-I-think-we-made-a-mistake" looks on their faces. When they
regained their composure they said that adding five cents to a
radio's design would hurt profits. That's what they said it would
cost to add the Kahn system. They were looking at the total cost for
all radios made by the company, not what little extra each receiver
would cost. It seemed to me they were intellectually bankrupt way
back then. No bailouts then.

Rich