[BC] Digital Storage

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 29 11:51:02 CST 2010

Alex,

Most consumer grade stuff has come up with professional grade stuff these days.
It's just as reliable. All it is that your going to pay more money in the end
buying pro stuff, which is funny, Saturday at Best Buys, I was seeing all the
pro stuff used in Digital Audio. The internet has changed our lives forever.
You're being like my mother and she wants to live in the past. You don't see
us using Tube Type Radios in our cars anymore. That's been gone for over 40+
years.  Just about all the Commercial Stations use Solid State Transmitters, and
let the hams play with the old tube transmitters.

The original masters of recordings are held by the music industry. If you need a
song, you can go to itunes,napster,etc, and buy the songs. Heck for the the
commercial broadcasters, there is now a site of current and recurrent music that
we can download for free, because we are a licensed broadcast station, and we
pay BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC.  Keep an old 45 and using it on the air is silly,
clutter up the audio with noise that sounds like a bacon frying contest. Get
real, and OUT of the past.

There are collectors of those old 45's & 33 1/3 albums, but now that's just a
"home hobby" not to be used in the professional word. The world is changing so
fast that I have a problem keeping up with it.  The next thing we'll hear is
that your going to show your students how it was done in the 20's and 30's with
them old 78's!  I've never owned a 78 RPM Record in my lifetime, and I'm nearly
50 years old.
 Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN