[BC] Digital Storage

Alex Hartman goober at goobe.net
Mon Nov 29 11:24:48 CST 2010

While consumer disk space is cheap, i wouldn't trust consumer grade drives to last much more than 5 years these days. Enterprise level drives about the same if they're running 24/7 but if you stick them in external cases and use them sparingly, they'll last virtually forever.

Remember, things purchased at the same time, put into service at the same time, will FAIL at roughly the same time.

SSDs aren't proven yet either, so don't go that route. Honestly, the only good "backup" solution i've found for audio really is keep the original handy. :)

--
Alex Hartman