[BC] sports audio feed

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 13:33:38 CST 2010

Mike McCarthy wrote:

/*snip*/
>   I'm referring to what can be side or leg mounted on a tower.  Not a ham antenna which can be rotated or needs to be top mounted.  There's a great amount of impracticality to any such antenna in commercial use.
/*snip*/

   Sorry, we had a "cubical quad" on the studio tower aimed at the transmitter
not changeable (used on 26.11 and 26.45 megacycles wide band FM) at WEDU in 1963
when I started working there in August.  We had a vertical dipole at 100'
mounted off of the leg nearest the studio.  (fed with RG-11/U)
  (everything was vertical)
   The CBS affiliate in Idaho Falls, Idaho (or something like that) came in better
than the studio when the skip was in.
   WEDU used army surplus tank radios, BC-6something's with home made power supplies.
   If you want to do something you can, no problem.

--
Ron KA4INM