[BC] Assistance with BE AM-1-A

Al Wolfe awolfe at Route24.net
Sat Nov 27 15:09:31 CST 2010

Henry,
    Just went through a very similar problem with a BE FM box where many of
the controls didn't work or worked sporadically. To make a long story short,
the main filter cap in the 28 volt supply had dried out putting much ripple
into the control circuitry. New electrolytic in PS fixed the problem. Check
your ripple content. (And not the stuff in a plain brown paper bag)

Al, retired, mostly
AKA K9SI