[BC] FM History

Mark Humphrey mark3xy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 14:24:06 CST 2010

Last time I was at the WAAF site in Paxton (five years ago), one of
the old poles of the rhombic antenna was still standing, athough much
of that area has overgrown with trees and brush, so it's not
immediately visible.  The original appearance is shown in the lower
left background of this photo scanned by Norm Gagnon.

  http://www.ggninfo.com/W1XOJ4103F.JPG

I believe this was either a link or monitor antenna for the Mt
Washington FM station -- does anyone have more info?

Of course the W1XOJ tower shown in the foreground is still there and
remains in use by several tenants.  However, the old feed system shown
in the photo has been dismantled.

Mark