[BC] FM History

Jeremy Eisenzimmer jeremy at eslnd.com
Fri Nov 26 14:53:47 CST 2010

Wow, would have loved to definitely see pictures from that.

As far as early FM equipment, we still have a Collins 830D 1kw
transmitter in place for KDVL-FM (it was KDLR-FM pre-1978). Since the
Harris FM-20K was installed on the current RF site in 1983, it has
served as our auxiliary transmitter since, still sharing the KDLR-AM
tower, and it still fires up and runs nicely. IIRC, KDLR-FM used to be
located on 96.7 MHz (where KQZZ-FM is at now), until they changed
frequencies to what is now 102.5 MHz. I'll look through records and see
if I can't find out when KDLR-FM (KDVL-FM) was put on-air. I know I
wasn't even born then. <g>

Jeremy