[BC] FM History

Edward Susterich edward.susterich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 12:46:23 CST 2010

I have no information for the old FM equipment at WRKO, but the old 5 KW RCA-5DX transmitter went to WADR in Remsen, New York, in 1967.  It enabled the transition from 1kw to 5 kw for the new WADR which replaced the silent WREM on 1480 khz in Remsen.  A new 50 KW transmitter at WRKO made the older 50 KW the new standby and displace the much older RCA-5DX.