[BC] AM Stereo

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 11:41:20 CST 2010

------ At 11:18 PM 11/23/2010, Steve Lewis wrote: -------

>Interesting thought:  You probably have IBOC on at least one of your FM
>signals... Split the feed off from your regular old-fashioned source and
>offer $100 to the first 25 callers from IBOC listeners and see how much
>money you have to give away.

You wouldn't lose much money, if any. There probably aren't 25 IBUZ
receivers in any single market. The other problem is that it's
incredibly unlikely all of them would be tuned to the same station.

The other thing is that most probably don't know they have it. A
friend in Florida bought a Polk receiver. He had no idea it had IBUZ
until I told him. The same is true of AM stereo.

How would you phrase the question so they could check it?

Rich