[BC] New Petition filed today on EAS issues with the FCC

Richard Rudman rar01 at mac.com
Mon Nov 22 12:42:08 CST 2010

Mike raises an interesting point about one of the questions we posed in IID of the Petition that is accurate, but sometimes not well understood in our own industry much less by the general public, local and state politicians, and law enforcement.

That could lead to a question we did not ask directly: Where and how will the FCC tell those designated by governors to issue warnings about the nuances of Community of License vs. incidental location?

There are many unanswered questions posed in IID touch on many unsettled issues with the "governor-mandatory" and governor-designee mandatory" in 04-296. I hope all the ones we asked, and more, are settled before CAP-EAS is launched.

Richard Rudman