[BC] New Petition filed today on EAS issues with the FCC

Mike McCarthy towers at mre.com
Mon Nov 22 11:29:30 CST 2010

  In reading II-D---

The EAS monitoring assignments are tied to the Community of License and
not the incidental location of the Main Studio OR the transmitter except
as waivered. This isn't a problem for the system as much as it is for
the individual stations and translators which try to skirt that
rule/requirement.

If that were the case, all of my out of area or state stations would be
monitoring Chicago area stations and not the stations for which the
local area of the CoL is assigned.

MM