[BC] Ed Burkhardt...

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Mon Nov 22 00:31:56 CST 2010

Though I spoke with Ed many times, though not every month, over the
two decades he serviced my stations, I never met him in person.

I never spoke with his wife until after he died.  She was very nice,
no surprise.  I also felt bad when he died, and it was very sudden.
Sadly, I didn't even hear from his widow until after his funeral.  I
would have attended.

He was very helpful, and his fee was stupidly low.

He was a nice guy.

--chip

On Nov 21, 2010, at 9:00 AM, broadcast-request at radiolists.net wrote:

> Message: 12
> From: "Burt I. Weiner" <biwa at att.net>
>
> I met Ed many years ago.
[...]
>   I have copies of his modifications to the GR-1109A
> that he made.  Ed and I were always exchanging notes and ideas on how
> to go about measurements.
>
> I felt very sad when Ed passed away.  We never got a chance to meet
> face to face and have a good laugh at each other's expense.  I know
> we both would have enjoyed that.  Just after he passed away I spoke
> to his wife.
[...]