[BC] Ed Burkhardt...

Jeff Loughridge jeff at loughridge.org
Mon Nov 22 09:27:45 CST 2010

Ed was indeed one of a kind. I used to love how he could push the buttons of
one engineer at SBE meetings and the two of them would entertain the rest of
us with their bickering. It was classic.

I also remember when Ed was hospitalized. He was very sick at home, bringing
up blood, when his wife finally demanded he go to the hospital. He finally
agreed, but not before he stopped at one his contract stations; I think it
was what is now WHAN, to fix their transmitter. He left the station and went
to the hospital.

I visited him once or twice; he was unconscious, his chest was very red and
his face swollen. In layman's terms he had the "flesh eating bacteria" in
his lungs and it was spreading. Nowadays, I suspect it was MRSA but who
knows.

He passed without ever regaining consciousness.

Jeff Loughridge