[BC] Internet Routers

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Mon Nov 22 00:45:35 CST 2010

Um, but, do you pay for electricity?

A 500 Watt computer is using half a kW per hour, just to filter
Internet traffic.

It might be better to spend $200 on a router which uses Linux and can
be programmed to do that filtering.

Even a laptop is better than an "old PC."

Power consumption will be MUCH less, and a laptop has its own included
UPS.

--chip