[BC] can technology create a significant revenue source

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Mon Nov 22 10:12:33 CST 2010

On Monday 22 November 2010 10:41:45 am Jeff Glass wrote:

> There is a need for creativity with regard to new products, and sometimes
> those new products will create a demand (where the operative term is
> sometimes).  But there is a very fine line between responding to a demand
> for a product and creating a demand for a product.

 SO, technology *can* create a significant revenue source, if properly
 implemented.

 Microsoft
 Linux
 A "personal" computer at all.
 Cell phones.
 Automobiles.

> To my knowledge, there was not a consumer drive for HD Radio. We just put
> it out there, hoping people would buy into it because it was latest
> technology. They might. But, this approach is the long way of getting a
> product to sell.

 AM Stereo !
 "New" coke.
 The Edsel.
 "Green" energy.
 An RJ-45 in a refrigerator, as envisioned by Mr. Gates.

 I predict.....
 HD Radio will fail hopelessly.
 Net streaming will be ( when government gets out of the way )
 a resounding success.
 Conventional radio and TV will go the way of the horse and buggy,
 although we will have network connected appliances that look and
 act much the same as conventional radio and TV.

--
Cowboy