[BC] Can technology create a significant revenue source for radio?

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Sun Nov 21 20:09:04 CST 2010

At 01:09 PM 11/21/2010, Alex Hartman wrote:
>The hard part in the online arena is competition.

        Quite. SO .. the question, again,
        Can new technology create a significant revenue source for radio?

>That's really the only edge the broadcaster has, local local local. I work for a college radio station, i recently turned on a secondary stream for pure sports.

        Some feel that "apps" are the answer. To drive
        listening on cell phones. As you note, with
        Pandora, etc, the only way to combat is localism.
        That is not a technology in of itself.. but it
        may be that you can't separate the tech from the content?

>On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Barry Mishkind <barry at oldradio.com> wrote:
>>According to the study, nearly a third of all respondents said streaming was the best chance
>>to increase revenue.

- - -

        Enter your name into the $100 Cash Prize giveaway.
        Details at: http://www.theBDR.net/