[BC] Outrageous repair techniques

Richard Rudman rar01 at mac.com
Sun Nov 21 12:24:37 CST 2010

Hi, Randy -

Your posting about unwinding grooves on a 78 is a riot! Certainly deserves its own off topic subject line.

I did once try something similar with a skipping CD, but the beam from my atomic microscope blew the track off my workbench. I was picking up photons for a week!

Yours is by far the funniest post I have seen on this list in some time.

Certainly tops any stories I have heard (or tried) about repairs to defective electrolytic caps, phono pickups and 8 tracks by unwinding them.

I do have a way to put toothpaste back in the tube I have always wanted to try, but that would be off topic.

Richard