[BC] Cover Art/Liner Notes

Sid Schweiger sid at wrko.com
Fri Nov 19 08:02:21 CST 2010

Rich Wood asks:  "If there are, are any stations including this data? If they are, I'd assume it's for their Internet streams. One Internet-only service I was involved with used an Enco system and output the data via a serial port. It was title and artist only. The service provider, as I recall, took the data and added cover art using a proprietary player.

So far, I haven't seen any station streams that include it, Pandora-style."

Whatever service the CBS stations use to stream has it...cover art and the album title, plus a brief blurb about the artist(s).  Not sure how they get the info, however.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040