[BC] Internet streaming over the air.

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Tue Nov 16 20:15:05 CST 2010

On Tuesday 16 November 2010 07:48:40 pm Mike McCarthy wrote:

>  the content can orignate from anywhere 100% of
> the time. Even overseas...

 Gonna make me look it up, huh ? <sigh>

 OK, I did. 73.1130 no longer exists, so any programming can originate
 anywhere, local or not.
 That means that sure, he can take an internet stream as his sole
 source of programming and not be in violation of any present rule.

 As to the original question, I would argue that a Part 15 device is not
 a broadcaster by any legal definition, so written authorization and
 such is irrelevant.

 Of course, I'm the guy that argued that if a licensee wished to "program"
 all of his content as dead air, that's a legitimate ( although ill advised )
 programming decision, so.....

--
Cowboy