[BC] Harris FM10 250 Driver

Jeff Glass Xmitters at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 09:23:51 CST 2010

In a message dated 11/16/10 7:00:39 AM Central Standard Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

> First of all, I erred in my first post, we are using the 4CX300 in this
>  box. I have been told that it is not 50 ohms in and out and that's what
>  makes it difficult if not impossible to upgrade to SS.
>
>  --
>  Jim Offerdahl

Jim,

Try getting your tubes from the smaller vendors like RF Parts, Inc. They
may even have some NOS Eimac tubes.  Also try Surplus Sales of Nebraska.

I think it's bad economy to consider upgrading the transmitter to SS
drivers. The rest of the transmitter is no longer supported by Harris and parts
are going to get harder to get with time; not easier.

Jeff Glass, BSEE CSRE
Chief Engineer
WNIU WNIJ
Northern Illinois University