[BC] Base Insulator Elevation

Mike McCarthy towers at mre.com
Sat Nov 13 17:22:28 CST 2010

  If the station was in the 500-600 range, that 25 ft. could be only 5
degrees.  Not enough to cause radiation issues like you state.  OTOH, at
1600, that's 20 deg. and plenty enough to cause issues.

In our other situation which we needed to elevate the base (10ft.), we
mounded the soil around the tower base level to a distance of 25 ft. in
all directions so as to eliminate that issue and include a screen around
the tower like all the other towers of the array.  It tuned up as expected.

Granted, that same process on a 25 ft. pier might be a bit more
work....and subject to a greater amount of settling.

MM