[BC] Base Insulator Elevation

Richard Fry rfry at adams.net
Sat Nov 13 13:56:04 CST 2010

> Years ago, there was not much choice - one six tower array I built
> followed the consultant's instruction and had 25 foot piers at one end,
> while the other end was right at ground level.

But if the monopoles on 25 foot piers were series-driven across a base
insulator, and used copper strap running down the pier to connect to a
buried radial r-f ground system, then the radiation from that copper strap
would change the radiation patterns of those monopoles compared to the ones
installed at ground level.

A NEC model of the system could predict what net effect that would have on
the az/el patterns from the array.

RF