[BC] about STL dishes and jumpers

Mark Humphrey mark3xy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 13:47:06 CST 2010

FWIW, I took down an antenna yesterday which had been on a tower for
over ten years with an RG-393/U (Teflon double-braided) jumper. Aside
from slight bleaching of the jacket's orange-brownish color, the
jumper appeared and tested like new.  Connector at one end is a crimp
Type N and at the other end a soldered PL-259, but they had been taped
well so everything was still nice and dry.

Teflon line of this diameter normally sells for something like $8 to
10 per foot, so when I find a good deal at hamfests, I stock up.  The
surplus people in Nebraska also carry RG-393:

   http://www.surplussales.com/antennas/Antennas-10.html

Mark