[BC] about STL dishes and jumpers

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Fri Nov 12 20:15:56 CST 2010

I have NEVER seen a Superflex jumper fail.

I have NEVER seen an LDF-4 jumper fail.

I have seen more than a few braided jumpers fail.  It is GENERALLY,
but not always the braid that fails.  Still, I have never allowed
braided shields on any site I have managed.  The extra shielding keeps
the noise down.

I have NEVER seen an Andrew solid strap grounding kit fail.

I have seen MANY Cablewave braided strap grounding kits fail.  I don't
care what cable you use, but you are gong to use Andrew grounding kits
on my sites.

To each his own, but I try to use LDF-4 for low power jumpers on the
tower, and Superflex in the building.  I WILL use Superflex on the
tower, but I prefer the thicker shield of the LDF-4.

OH, and for Superflex, I only use the 1/2 inch.  I can be persuaded to
use smaller Superflex INSIDE for RECEIVERS.

--chip