[BC] EAS alert tones in movie preview ad

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Thu Nov 11 07:32:10 CST 2010

------ At 11:26 PM 11/10/2010, Broadcast List USER wrote: -------

>HOWEVER, it still confuses the uninformed public, and even if it isn't
>illegal, which I believe it to be, it is not right, and no one should
>defend it as being and OK thing to do.

I think I'd take issue with this one. I don't believe the uninformed
public is confused. Like IBUZ, they just ignore it. In both cases, no
one has taken the time or spent the money required to run the kind of
advertising campaigns required to cause the public to take notice.

You say with such certainty that the public is confused. That ranks
with the hackneyed assertions politicians make when they say "I know
I speak for the American people when I say ..."

How do you/they know?

Rich