[BC] EAS alert tones in movie preview ad

Craig Bowman craig1 at shianet.org
Tue Nov 9 11:35:35 CST 2010

DUH, that was the point of the darn duck farts to begin with!  They are
not an attention signal for the listener they are data for passing along
information to stations down the line, period.  If the data could have
been sent silently they would have.  One of the goals of EAS was to do
away with the lengthy EBS tests.  So, when someone runs a test which is
completely unannounced who does it alert?  C'mon I know things are slow
but jeezzzzzzeeeeeee.

Craig Bowman
Bowman Engineering
Local HDTV, Inc.