[BC] Jeff Welton ... fundraiser note

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Wed Nov 3 18:41:26 CDT 2010

I just thought I'd give Jeff a "well done" pat on the back for doing something like this. Of course, it isn't like he is straining at a Marathon, or lifting heavy weights.  Actually ... now that I think of it, Jeff is doing *less* than normal - he just has to not shave each day. <g>

But it is for a good cause!

Take a look at his page.   http://ca.movember.com/mospace/816356/

And, although I've asked him, Jeff would not confirm that with his new mustache he is going moonlight (he won't give up
his day gig at Nautel - who would?) either as an RCMP or as a Lumberjack.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

Bonus! Anyone donating to Jeff's group ... tell Jeff to let me know and I'll add your name to the drawing for the $100 cash giveaway or one of Scott Fybush's Tower Site Calendars.

barry

At 07:45 PM 11/2/2010, Jeff Welton wrote:
>Hey folks,
>
>I was discussing this with Barry on Facebook (yeah, I know - he's progressing into the new age, he'll be tweeting next!), and he suggested I could post it here.
>
>About 35 of us at Nautel have formed a team for a fundraiser for prostate cancer awareness and research - it's held through November under the auspices of Prostate Cancer Canada. There is quite a bit of additional information available at http://ca.movember.com/about/. This is a worldwide fundraiser to help raise awareness of the number one cancer affecting men - one in six will be diagnosed with this at some point during their lives. It's personal for me - my grandfather and father were both diagnosed with it - my father beat it, thanks to early detection and prompt treatment. That means for me, it's not a matter of if, but when, so when one of the guys started this team, I couldn't say no. Fortunately, with early detection, over 90% of cases can be cured. I plan to be in that 90% :)
>
>Anybody wishing to make a contribution can do so online - or just enter a message of support (or check out the progress and make fun of my face!) at http://ca.movember.com/mospace/816356/
>
>Thanks for your patience during this brief PSA :)
>
>Best,
>
>Jeff
>--

- - -

        Enter your name into the $100 Cash Prize giveaway.
        Details at: http://www.theBDR.net/