[BC] Non-tech ... fundraiser note

Jeff Welton welton.jeff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 21:45:53 CDT 2010

Hey folks,

I was discussing this with Barry on Facebook (yeah, I know - he's progressing into the new age, he'll be tweeting next!), and he suggested I could post it here.

About 35 of us at Nautel have formed a team for a fundraiser for prostate cancer awareness and research - it's held through November under the auspices of Prostate Cancer Canada. There is quite a bit of additional information available at http://ca.movember.com/about/. This is a worldwide fundraiser to help raise awareness of the number one cancer affecting men - one in six will be diagnosed with this at some point during their lives. It's personal for me - my grandfather and father were both diagnosed with it - my father beat it, thanks to early detection and prompt treatment. That means for me, it's not a matter of if, but when, so when one of the guys started this team, I couldn't say no. Fortunately, with early detection, over 90% of cases can be cured. I plan to be in that 90% :)

Anybody wishing to make a contribution can do so online - or just enter a message of support (or check out the progress and make fun of my face!) at http://ca.movember.com/mospace/816356/

Thanks for your patience during this brief PSA :)

Best,

Jeff
--
Jeff Welton