[BC] Winter Survival Gear

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Tue Nov 2 22:07:31 CDT 2010

There are devices you can connect between the load (the RPU) and the
starter battery which will disconnect the load before the starter
battery is drained too far to start the remote vehicle.

Better than that, and what I normally do, is use a battery isolator,
and leave the starter battery alone.  The auxiliary battery, or
parallel batteries, power the RPU gear.  Even if the auxiliary
batteries go totally dead, the starter battery is not affected at all,
so starting is never a problem.

--chip