[BC] WOWO

Jim Tonne tonne at comcast.net
Fri Jun 26 10:41:33 CDT 2009

Barry wrote in part:

>         Then, recently, I discovered from the logs that
>         some people will "take" a picture, even linking
>         right to the jpg, without credit . . .

I was looking at the stats for a church website I maintain
and saw large number of requests for a particular  jpeg
image.

The requests came from the blog of a fellow who was
traveling across the country.  He was talking at one point
about the substandard housing on the Arizona-Mexico
border and deep-linked to an image I had posted.

I changed the church website to link to another version of
the photo and then took the original and wrote across it
in yellow lettering "This photo is being used without permission."

The fellow removed the link!  Obviously some viewer had
clued him about it.

- JimT