[BC] WOWO

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Fri Jun 26 11:11:37 CDT 2009

> The requests came from the blog of a fellow who was
> traveling across the country.  He was talking at one point
> about the substandard housing on the Arizona-Mexico
> border and deep-linked to an image I had posted.
>
> I changed the church website to link to another version of
> the photo and then took the original and wrote across it
> in yellow lettering "This photo is being used without permission."

Through scripting, and perhaps through server configuration, you can have
the server make decisions based on the referring page. So, if the referrer
for an image file is a different site, you can return something else, or
nothing at all. I haven't looked at this for a while, though. That does
not keep someone from just copying the image to their server, though.

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com