[BC] WOWO

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Fri Jun 26 09:34:12 CDT 2009

At 07:13 AM 6/26/2009, Tom Bosscher wrote:
>Blaine and Paul,
>
>     I also have had tower pictures copied. But the most bizarre thing is
>that I I state that they can be copied without prior permission, if they
>give me credit.

         This is a major problem with anything posted on
         the web.  We talk about music downloads, but
         pictures, articles, etc are all fair game to a
         certain group. They do not even see the need
         to do even perfunctory crediting, much less
         asking permission.

         Someone took my FAQ and stripped my name,
         then posting it on their site - it its entirety. No credit.
         When I found out about it and enquired, the
         individual did not respond to email.
         Yahoo wanted me to fill out forms and spend
         hours *proving* it was my material.

         Then, recently, I discovered from the logs that
         some people will "take" a picture, even linking
         right to the jpg, without credit - and can't get
         the URL right, so I get an error_log entry!
         People see the "file not found" and think oldradio.com
         has the error.  eek!

>I emailed the folks at Wikipedia and
>told them that the author had my express approval to use the pictures,
>but Wiki said no. That site and how it is controlled gets stranger by
>the day.

         You think?