[BC] DTV Audio Levels

Xen Scott xenscott at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 16 20:50:50 CDT 2009

At 09:53 AM 06/16/2009 -0400, Jim Tonne wrote:

>And, Richard, how would you do that without losing "lip sync"?  This has
>been pointed out before; the video would have to be delayed the same amount
>of time.

Modern television frame synchronizers include a means of delaying the
accompanying audio by the required amount.  I believe it's similar to
linking the AGC control signals in a stereo processor so that a loud
signal in only one channel doesn't upset the overall balance of the
stereo program audio.

Xen Scott