[BC] DTV Audio Levels

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Tue Jun 16 09:30:23 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 16 June 2009 09:53 am, Jim Tonne wrote:

>  And, Richard, how would you do that without losing
>  "lip sync"?  This has been pointed out before; the video
>  would have to be delayed the same amount of time.

 And that was the whole point !
 Lip sync is not something we deal with in radio, but it
 is a very big deal in TV.

 I've seen some of the boxes that correct level in the stream,
 and noticed that it doesn't take much slip in the sync to become
 irritating, and not too much more to become noticeable.

 Correcting the loudness isn't really the problem.

--
Cowboy