[BC] DTV Audio Levels

padrino padrino at telos-systems.com
Mon Jun 15 11:10:48 CDT 2009

Rich, et al,

The problem you speak of, we knew would occur. Sadly, TV engineers bought
the muth instituted by Dolby which was "the HDTV system doesn't need
processing. The Dolby Digital system handles everything for you." In a
word...WRONG!!! The meta data method the system employs is intriguing, but
falls short of what consumers require.

The Linear Acoustic processor, mentioned in Tom's reply, is the sole
answer. It does fix all the ills of the system, and then some. The
developer, Tim Carroll, is a former Dolby guy, and he knows where the
bodies are buried in the system, and hence the evolution of the product.

-Frank Foti