[BC] DTV Audio Levels

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Sun Jun 14 21:44:00 CDT 2009

------ At 06:25 PM 6/14/2009, Dave Dunsmoor wrote: -------

>     And these guys are professionals, 'eh? I drop the channel faster than
>they can get the next few (perceived) DBs in, so I generally don't know what
>it is they're trying to hawk. Same for the 100wpm types. I'm good with the
>on/off and/or channel changing devices.

You're not alone. I've got the commercial clocks for shows I watch
down to a science. A local cutaway is usually signalled by a fade to
black. I'm the fastest zapper in the Northeast. Until this is fixed
I'll never know if a local advertiser has something I might want to buy.

As it is I think we're all conditioned to anticipate any spot done by
Billy Mays.

Rich