[BC] DTV

Jason R. jyrussell at academicplanet.com
Sun Jun 14 19:04:03 CDT 2009

> Perhaps this is digitus (not analogous) to satellite
> reception where quality, not quantity of signal is
> important.

 That's good enough to re-quote I I may!  ROTFL...
digitus... !

If your amp is overloading or is
> having intermod issues then the quality suffers.
> The RF indicator may just be showing the RMS
> amount of RF, but not the quality (cleanliness)
> of the signal.

these RCA converters don't offer the EbNo stuff, bitrate, etc. like you
might expect on a Sat receiver...
wonder why.  Wouldn't it be useful to have some sort of analgous tool to
include a way to measure the error bitrate etc....

  Wonder how I could do it with a PC interface...

Jason

> Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE
>
> > I've got the old-style UHF/VHF antenna up top, probably 8' across on the
> > biggest parasites.  And of course, an amp.  (Only about 60db gain.)
> > Hmmm.... wonder if things are overdriven by pulling in out of market
> > stuff... I used to get everything analog from Tyler to Waco to Little
Rock