[BC] DTV

Alan Alsobrook radiotech at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 14 10:56:09 CDT 2009

I would imagine that once the "Search Light" stations have signed off
more channels may start showing up for those with good outdoor antennas.
I was helping a friend here with his and we were picking up stations
from well over 300 miles away. We didn't take time to identify some of
them but I know we were seeing a 2-1 and a 2-2 with the antenna pointed
West and it wasn't Orlando (WESH)  My best guess at the time was
something across the Gulf in Texas.

What was even more fun to explain is when we came up with 2 channel 26-1
and 26-2. I mean really how do you tell the TV which channel 26 you want
to see.

The other fun thing was we were trying to Aim his antenna, 70' up a
rohn25. When he was up there the signal dropped. He couldn't see any
problems, but had to abandon the tower due to an approaching thunder
storm. As it would happen I watched as his tower took a direct lightning
strike, after the storm had passed the antenna was giving more signal
than ever. I guess the lightning strike fixed what ever was causing the
trouble.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885