[BC] DTV

Jason R. jyrussell at academicplanet.com
Sun Jun 14 08:09:42 CDT 2009

Well, everybody switched, things work, sorta.

Even with a 'face full' of signal (on a converter box, the level is
generally around 80%) we still get intermittent 'unable to tune this
channel' messages.

  Cloud cover, weather stuff (inversions, etc.) seem to be the biggest
challenges.  While we are on the fringe for a few stations - out of the 44
we see coming out of the D/FW metro about 6 are 'fringe' - the other 38 are
well inside the contour... but surprisingly the big bad stations are the
ones with the dropouts.

  This is the RCA converter box.  Occaisionally we get the blocky stutters
even with the signal strength nearly full scale.

  I've got the old-style UHF/VHF antenna up top, probably 8' across on the
biggest parasites.  And of course, an amp.  (Only about 60db gain.)

   Hmmm.... wonder if things are overdriven by pulling in out of market
stuff... I used to get everything analog from Tyler to Waco to Little Rock
to Dallas....

  Provided they weren't walking on each other...

I do NOT see any digital from these out of market signals.

Jason