[BC] 1,293,872

Chuck Lakaytis chuck at akpb.org
Fri Jun 12 16:18:23 CDT 2009

That is why I love the new generation of processors.  The ability to
daypart the audio processing makes for great sound on our multiformat
stations. When I put an Omnia on the 10 KW AM in Valdez it made a
tremendous difference with hour to hour consistancy.

--
Chuck Lakaytis
Director of Engineering, Alaska Public Broadcasting

----- Original Message ----- From: <DHultsman5 at aol.com>

>In a message dated 12/21/2006 4:04:26 PM Central Standard Time,
>glen.kippel at gmail.com writes:
>Agreed!  One of the local NPR stations is so proud of how little
>>processing they run.  But when you listen to a show like "Whatya
>>Know?" you are always reaching for the volume control.  Quiet
>>passages then all of a sudden thundering applause.  What a PIA while
>>driving!
>>
>>There must be a happy medium.  But of course you will never get a
>>group like this to agree what that medium is!  ;-)
>************************************
>
>Speaking of mediums,   I am visiting my medium tonight....she is supposed to
>tell me what I am getting for Christmas.
>
>Dave

  - - - -
You are reading the BROADCAST Mailing List for broadcast professionals:

This mailing list is also available in digest form (messages are
combined into a "digest" ... which can be helpful if you want to
reduce the load on your "in-box").

TO SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE:

**** FOR CHANGES IN SERVICE
... go to the very bottom of the page, enter your email address, and
click on "Edit Options."