[BC] Portable Hard Drives

Bob Groome bobgroome at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 16:20:33 CDT 2009

I just went down this path. Many drives take more than the ( I think
) 500 mA a USB port can provide. On of my interfaces has two USB
plugs so the drive can pull up to 1,000 mA. Another (yes I have two)
has an external supply to get around the problem.

Bob Groome
Personal Web Site is: www.bobgroome.com
Work E-mail is: bgroome at eriinc.com