[BC] Your favorite TieLine

Jason R. jyrussell at academicplanet.com
Sun Jun 7 09:57:58 CDT 2009

Hi brain trust-

  Looks like I'll get to hook up the studio end of a TieLine.  Which one I'm
not sure yet.

  Last similar project I had was a loner Comrex HotBox (Hot Link, whatever
they called the Red Box thing...)

    I'm noodling about putting it in a central rack, using a BSI blue
switchbox to select the audio ins/outs so I can share it between two
stations.

  Does this thing have to have all kinds of hybrid work done, ans such, like
a 'real' telephone - or can I just feed it clean audio from whatever source,
and let the talent turn it up/down on their end (can I just send the
finished console out for their air monitor on the far end..?)

  I'll  bet I can, but I've not had the chance to fiddle with one before, so
I ask before I play...

Thanks!
Jason R.