[BC] Assistance With A DVD VCR Machine

Sid Schweiger sid at wrko.com
Sat Jun 6 13:59:01 CDT 2009

>>Is it possible that Magnavox would have made the machine with
a coaxial cable input and output then remove them in later
models but not changing anything else including the manual?<<

Anything's possible.  We're still using VCRs at home, some rather old ones, so when I'm in an electronics department I look around to see if they're still being sold.  They are...but without tuners, and I'm betting that's what happened here.  As near as I can determine, about the time that the feds starting requiring warnings on TV receiving equipment with analog tuners, those tuners started disappearing from whatever VCRs are still being made.  They have line inputs and outputs, but no coax connectors.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040