[BC] Email filters

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Mon Jun 1 12:14:52 CDT 2009

I February of 2002, I sent the following Email to the Linux-kernel list after the company "filter" had blocked access to the AIC7XXX driver that I was working on! You see, here are three exes so obviously it's pornographic.

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.2/1040.html

That Email got me an audience with federal officials who didn't think it was funny. I was threatened and informed that the "greater security of all..." overruled any so-called free-speech issues. It also almost cost me my job. There was more recent "grep bait" from another who put "The reason some people are alive is because...." Interested parties can 'google' that. Anyway, there is much increased surveillance on the Internet and the new administration expects to have a switch installed to turn it off at his whim.

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/