[BC] Cool Edit and beyond

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:24:24 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 1:25 PM, <tpt at literock93r.com> wrote:

> We auditioned (sorry about the bad pun) both Cool Edit and Sound Forge
> about 10 years ago. Staff preferred Sound Forge, found it easier to
> use. Went with Sound Forge, and have continued through the various
> iterations since.

Yes, I have used Sony Sound Forge 7, but not the newer versions, and found
it easy for me to comprehend.  Audition is "busy," as you said.  Anything is
better than SAW, which is still being used at KWXY, I suppose because people
are used to it and don't want to change.  And don't get me started on ACID.
Totally user-hostile, IMHO.  There is a stripped-down version of Sound
Forge, which retails for $89 IIRC.  And for simple cut-and-paste, DAK has
something for $25 that does a whole lot.