[BC] Cool Edit and beyond

tpt at literock93r.com tpt at literock93r.com
Sun Jun 21 15:25:07 CDT 2009

We auditioned (sorry about the bad pun) both Cool Edit and Sound Forge
about 10 years ago. Staff preferred Sound Forge, found it easier to
use. Went with Sound Forge, and have continued through the various
iterations since.

Had an opportunity to play with recent copy of Adobe Audition. Found
it overly confusing, compared to the cleaner Sound Forge screen.
Might have been just this copy, but the Audition was too busy and
gimmicked up for my taste.

Granted, if you have one production guru who must churn out
complicated masterpieces, perhaps Audition may provide the
sophisticated tricks he needs. We have a number of people using the
software, so we need a simpler program that is easy to teach.  Sound
Forge seems to handle our routine production needs fairly well.