[BC] Neighbors fear radio tower near Utica, NY

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Sun Jun 21 09:39:13 CDT 2009

------ At 06:11 PM 6/20/2009, Sam Roffe wrote: -------

>You mentioned Andy Skotdal, and I was hoping the link was for station.

Andy was an affiliate of mine at the WOR Radio Network. I remember
him telling me about his plans to upgrade the signal, as well as
other plans to cover the Metro.  I gained great respect for him as
his project hit wall after wall. It now seems like eons ago and he's
still fighting. I think I might have given up long ago and bought a
GM or Chrysler dealership. Oops. I didn't have to. My Dad owned one,
long since closed. Chrysler came barreling through and demanded that
he demolish an historic building built in the 1800s to put up one of
those sanitized glass things. He said no and told them to shove it
where the sun don't shine. He concentrated on high value
"previously-owned" vehicles and service. Business increased. Real
profits are made on used cars.

When Andy wins I hope the city folks get socked his with his lawyer's fees.

Rich