[BC] Acer Aspire

Mark Earle mearle at mearle.com
Sun Jun 21 09:27:53 CDT 2009

Dave Dunsmoor wrote:
>  Sometime back, someone, one of these lists commented on how well they liked
>the new Acer Aspire notebook. I'd like to know how well it's still thought
>of now some days/weeks later.

Don't own, but used one for a project for several weeks. You wouldn't
want to type the great American novel on it, but it is OK for general
emails. Great for web browsing.
Performance adequate. My only gripe is the battery life. 60-90
minutes on the supplied 3 cell battery. Less with wireless network
going (wifi, built in, or, USB cellular data). So you may wish to
budget for the 6 cell battery, extra cost. If you're always near an
outlet or in a vehicle than this is not an issue.
One friend uses this as his primary PC. Has a spare a/c adaptor. On
his desk, plugs in power and one usb cord - that gives him a 21" flat
screen, full size keyboard, mouse, wired network, etc. He backs up
like a fiend.. but all his "stuff" is on one machine, always available to him.

--
mwe