[BC] Acer Aspire

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jun 21 13:28:48 CDT 2009

>  Sometime back, someone, one of these lists commented on how well they liked
> the new Acer Aspire notebook. I'd like to know how well it's still thought
> of now some days/weeks later.

   I bought a Asus PC1000HE instead. (and the matching DVD/DVD-RAM/CD writer for $70)
I has a 9 hour battery life (with the H.D. shut down and the screen lite on low (LEDs)
such as writing and saving to flash mem.  (thumb/jump drive)
   It came with XP home, as a LINUX user I am getting along with it.  Windows is SLOW
compared to LINUX, but this guy is fast enough, (cold boot takes 55 seconds)
It hibernates very nicely.  (no re-boots)
   It has a camera above and stereo MICs under the screen, it makes MWV movies out of
the box.  I see about 8 hours of battery life with everything normal after a charge,
it changes the CPU speed and whatnot when not on the charger.  I brag it up.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!